Click here to apply for this degree!
The major in English is designed to open many avenues of Christian service as well as to provide foundational courses for a graduate degree in English.
English Course Requirements | 120 Total Hours
General Education Foundation (33 hours)
Specialization required within General Education Foundation:
- HUM 103 The Humanities: Ancient to Medieval ANDHUM 104. The Humanities: Renaissance toTwentieth Century OR 3 hours of Humanities and
- ENG 221 Survey of World Literature.
- IT 202 Information Technology Applications (3 hours)
Additional General Education (15 hours)
- COM 202 Communication for the Workplace (3 Hours)
- ENG 222 Survey of American Literature (3 Hours
- ENG 223. Survey of English Literature (3 hours)
- Any foreign language or approved courses (6 hours)
Electives (18 hours)
Biblical/Theological Foundation (18 hours)
Major (36 hours)
Select 36 hours of English (ENG) courses.
- ENG 224 Survey of Christian Literature
- ENG 305 Poetry: Theory and Practice
- ENG 310 American Prose Writers: World War I - Present
- ENG 315 Creative Fiction
- ENG 325 British and American Literature: 1660-1800
- ENG 330 Nineteenth Century American Literature (3 hours)
- ENG 405 History of the English Language
- ENG 410 Advance composition: Theory and Practice
- ENG 415 Shakespeare I: Histories and Comedies
- ENG 416 Shakespeare II: Tragedies and Romances
- ENG 420 Ninteenth-century British Novels
- ENG 421 British Romantic Literature
- ENG 423 Twentieth Century British Literature
- ENG 425 Studies in the Short Story
- ENG 430 Creative Non-Fiction: Writing About Spiritual Experiences
Note: Those students who fail to take and pass the computer proficiency examination must take IT 101
See the current college catalog for more information.