Click here to apply for this degree!
General Education and Biblical/Theological Foundation
The foundational curriculum is required of every student who attends BCF. The combination of general education courses and biblical and theological courses has been carefully selected to provide YOU the strongest possible foundation for a lifetime of Christian ministry in the major area of YOUR choosing.
The foundational curriculum provides every student with the necessary English, History, Math, Technology, Science, Humanities, and Bible courses essential for a complete Christian based worldview education. Accompanied by 9 hours of Bible survey, a personal spiritual growth course, a personal evangelism course, developing a Christian worldview, and life as a Southern Baptist, this curriculum is the cornerstone for your chosen major.
General Education Foundation | 33 Total Hours
- ENG 151. Introduction to College Composition (3 hours)
- ENG 152. Intermediate College Composition (3 hours)
- COM 200. Introduction to Speech Communication (3 hours)
- ENG 221. Survey of World Literature OR ENG 222. Survey of American Literature OR ENG 223. Survey of English Literature (3 hours)
- HUM 101. Appreciation of the Arts OR HUM. 102. Applied Humanities OR any ensemble, any applied music course by audition, MT 100, MU 130-430, MU 201, MU 301, MU 303 (3 hours)
- MA 102. Business Mathematics OR equivalent OR higher (according to major) (3 hours)
- HI 211. Western Civilization: Earliest Times to 1700 and HI 212. Western Civilization: 1700 to Present OR HI 223. American History: Age of Exploration to Reconstruction and HI 224 American History: Reconstruction to Present or MH 403: Music History and Literature: Antiquity to Baroque and MH 404. Music History and Literature: Classical to Twentieth Century (according to major) (6 hours)
- SCI 201. Introduction to Biological Science OR SCI 202. Introduction to Earth Science OR SCI 203. Physical Science OR MV 410. Anatomy and Physiology of the Vocal Mechanism (according to major) (3 hours)
- PSY 201. General Psychology (3 hours)
- IT 201. Information Technology for Educators OR IT 202. Information Technology in Ministry OR MU 202. Technology for Music Ministry OR MUE 360. Technology for the Music Classroom: K-12 (according to major) (3 hours)
Biblical/Theological Foundation | 18 Total Hours
- BF 101. Old Testament Survey I (3 hours)
- BF 102. Old Testament Survey II (3 hours)
- BF 103. New Testament Survey (3 hours)
- PHI 101. Introduction to Christian Worldview (3 hours)
- SF 101. Fundamentals of Spiritual Formation (2 hours)
- EV 201. Personal Evangelism (2 hours)
- LA 103. Southern Baptist Life and Work (2 hours)
See the current college catalog for more information.