- Admissions Home
- Meet the Staff
- Quick Facts/Tuition and Fees
- Campus Life/Housing
- Community Info/BCF's Location
- Financial Aid
- Mission and Accreditation
- Campus Crime Report
- Schedule a Visit
- Apply Now!
Office of Admissions
The Baptist College of Florida
5400 College Dr.
Graceville, FL 32440
(800) 328-2660 ext. 460
(850) 263-9026 Fax email@example.com
Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions
1. Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended must be sent from their points of origin directly to the Office of Admissions.
2. Transfer applicants currently on academic suspension from another college will not be considered until a full semester lapses since the suspension. Such applicants may then be admitted on academic probation and will have to maintain the standard for academic progress given elsewhere in this catalog or face permanent suspension from the college.
3. Transfer applicants currently on academic probation with another college may be admitted on conditional status but will have to maintain the college’s standard for academic progress or face academic suspension.
4. No course with a grade below “C” will transfer, and no course can be transferred from another institution unless it corresponds or matches a course in the current BCF catalog. (Descriptions of courses begin on page 45.)
5. Courses in doctrine are not transferable from non-Baptist institutions.
6. A maximum of twelve semester hours credit may be granted for Seminary Extension Department courses in the College-Level Curriculum Series.
7. Music credits will be evaluated by the music faculty after appropriate auditions and placement tests have been given.
8. All advanced standing should be granted before the student enrolls.
9. A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services is used as a resource in evaluating credit earned while serving in the armed forces. The Directory of The National Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction: College Credit Recommendations is used as a resource in evaluating credit earned in civilian employee training programs. Coursework accepted will be assigned a “Satisfactory” rating and awarded the appropriate earned credit recommended in the appropriate publication. Coursework will be accepted as credit earned only and will not be figured in the grade point average.
10. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the college or any other college of the student’s choice, and it is the responsibility of the student to confirm whether or not credits will be accepted by the college.
11. Students who have completed the required English and/or math courses (according to requirements stated in the BCF Catalog for the respective degree program) at a post secondary institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency or equivalent, the following policy will apply:
a. Students who received a grade of “C” or better in an equivalent required course(s) will not be required to undergo further testing. English and Math course credits equivalent to BCF courses will be transferred according to the policy stated in the current BCF Catalog.
b. Students who pass the MA 230 (College Algebra) entrance test with a minimum grade of 75% or who have passed College Algebra with a C (2.0) or better, may enroll in STA 300 (Statistics).
c. A three-hour (or more) college math course of a level higher than that of BCF’s MA 130 (Business Math), may be transferred and counted in lieu of MA 130 if such is required. The student must have earned a grade of “C” or better.
12. Students in the B.A. in Missions with a Concentration in Aviation program must submit a valid pilot’s license approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). After submission of the license, the student must pass a “check ride” given by a BCF and FAA approved flight instructor. After successful completion of the “check ride,” a student will be permitted to transfer the following:
a. An FAA-approved Private Pilot’s License will be accepted for AV 101 and AV 102.
b. An FAA-approved Instrument Ticket will be accepted for AV 201 and AV 202.
c. An FAA-approved Commercial Pilot’s License will be accepted for AV 301 and AV 302.
d. If the student does not possess the Commercial Pilot’s License, ten hours of approved
BCF courses may be substituted.